Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : Would you be interested in joining Märklin Club UK
Choice Votes Statistics
  Total 34 100%
Guests can't see poll choices and poll results. Try login or register. Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
7 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Ian555  
#1 Posted : 07 January 2012 08:17:22(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi all,

So, the aim is to start a Märklin Club UK.

Open to suggestions/ideas on how we go about this?

Ian.

Offline Johnvr  
#2 Posted : 07 January 2012 08:44:01(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Ian,

In Cape Town, the Marklin enthusiasts meet once a month. We had about 8 meetings last year, and we have all got to meet each other and see the various layouts. It is interesting to share the hobby with others. We also talked about constructing modular layouts which could be used at exhibitions, but this idea has not been taken further.

Regards,BigGrin
John
Offline Ian555  
#3 Posted : 07 January 2012 08:55:51(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi John,

Yes, I agree, it's great when members get together and spend some time talking Märklin.

Ian.

Offline old toot  
#4 Posted : 09 January 2012 01:15:43(UTC)
old toot

New Zealand   
Hi Ian and john
go for it and with computers and webcams you could link up
from around the country and have a virtual meeting
I see John has mentioned about modular
if you go to our Toottoot.co.nz website and under "Downloads"
on the left side
the very last item is the modular standard being used here in Nz
between Auckland,Wellington and Christchurch Clubs and had is roots
in what is used in the states
It is really got some guys going here in the last 12 months who don't
have great room at home and some have made two of these sections as part
of their home layout so they can pull them out to take to a show
the PDF is downloadable so help your selves
Go for it with the club Ian as you seem to be the mover and shaker in uk
Im sure you guys would be able to work a circle out and travel by train
to each others and so enjoy each other's company and layouts
all the best
Bryan old toot
were we pickit, packit and postit
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by old toot
Offline Ian555  
#5 Posted : 09 January 2012 06:54:10(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your input. ThumpUp

Ian.

Offline GlennM  
#6 Posted : 09 January 2012 12:53:11(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GlennM Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post
Is this a Maerklin Club UK within this forum or a seperate identity ?

How do people meet when one lives in Northern Ireland or Scotland and the other one lives down south in Devon or Kent ?

Is it going to be a fly in fly out club house meeting ? and how do you gauge your members ? one may has a z-train the other an HO loco, one has 2 rail the other 3 rail, and who supplies lunch ? or do you bring your sandwiches from Devon right up to Scotland ?

Will you include Marklin enthusiasts from France, they could be closer to Kent than members from Scotland and will they be called the UK tunnel members.

You may even consider a mobile club house with members taken to and from each pub they go past.

John

John,

If you are asking for my opinion, it should be a real life extension of this Forum, in a similar manner to that of the Greek Marklin Club. We all chat in here in cyber space, the club just extends it out into the real world so we can meet up and formalise things, maybe have sessions on how to convert locos in the flesh and stuff. How to deal with CS problems, upgrades and the like.

I believe that membership should be open to everyone, especially Aussies BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Hope you are feeling better John, all the best for the week-end, Glenn

Glenn, thanks for your well wishes.

If this is the case it could be called: The British Australian (NZ) Empire State Marklin Club, sounds colossol even if you only have 2 members BigGrin
Members could be addressed as Kings & Queens, Lords & Barons and members from Australia we could refer us as: Convicts, Diggers, 1st mate, bushy and Sheila and Kiwis could be called: Followers and anybody not joining up would be called an idiot. LOL

John

(Idiot No 1)

John,

Great post..........glad to see you have not lost your sense of humour.

Best Wishes

Glenn
Don't look back, your not heading that way.
Offline Ian555  
#7 Posted : 09 January 2012 13:10:42(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Glenn,

I've tried that before but failed miserably.Cursing

How do you move a post from one topic to another.Confused

Ian.

Offline GlennM  
#8 Posted : 09 January 2012 13:54:29(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Ian555 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Glenn,

I've tried that before but failed miserably.Cursing

How do you move a post from one topic to another.Confused

Ian.

Ian,

I did not move the post, as much as copy it. What I did was as follows;

1) Went to the post from John inside your Baden-Württemberg PartIII thread, click on the 'Quote' button.
2) A dialogue box then opens for me to reply with John's text in quotes.
3) I highlighted the text I wanted using the mouse and press the 'Ctrl' and 'C' buttons together, this copies the text.
4) I close the dialogue box.
5) I then opened the new thread on Märklin Club UK, went to the bottom and click the 'Post Reply' button
6) A new dialogue box opens for me to post a reply
7) Press 'Ctrl' and 'V' buttons together this pastes the text on your clipboard that you copied earlier, and then you add whatever reply you want beneath and then 'Post' your comment and the post has been transferred.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have problems

BR

Glenn
Offline Ian555  
#9 Posted : 09 January 2012 17:46:13(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Glenn,

Thanks. ThumpUp

Ian.

Offline dan67millie  
#10 Posted : 09 January 2012 18:56:49(UTC)
dan67millie

Hi all,

So, the aim is to start a Märklin Club UK.

Open to suggestions/ideas on how we go about this?

Ian.

Hi Ian Sound like a plan BigGrin Is it a meeting or internet thing you would like to go with. cheers Dan
Offline RayF  
#11 Posted : 09 January 2012 19:27:56(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
If I might make a couple of suggestions as a non-UK resident, I think there are two ways to go with this.

1. Contact the UK distributor and see if there is any interest on their part in hosting the UK Marklin club as an official Marklin body. There might be funds available from Marklin for subsidising club publications, meetings etc.

or:

2. Take as a nucleus the members of this forum who are already meeting occasionally at Ian's and form an "unofficial" Marklin club of the UK. The club could hold meetings at intervals and locations convenient to the members, say once a quarter, for example, where they can meet, show off and run their trains, and possibly buy and sell Marklin stuff. If enough members can be found from the South, there could be meetings in alternate venues in England and Scotland, to allow a wider number of enthusiasts to take advantage of membership. Such a club could charge an annual fee, from which perhaps travel costs, newsletters, etc could be subsidised. Possible future enhancements could include the commissioning of a club wagon, construction of a modular layout, etc...

Either way, I would be interested in joining as an Ex-pat member, and I would try and attend meetings on my visits to UK. I would certainly buy the club wagon.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline David Dewar  
#12 Posted : 09 January 2012 21:02:33(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi Ray. Good suggestions but the UK distributor here does not appear to do much to support the product never mind a club.
With this site and the Cave (based in Scotland but run from the upside down places)we dont need another web site.
Meeting is good but as yet I have not made to Ians and he is only 30 odd miles away (getting older does not help)
There is very little support for Marklin in the UK and I expect everybody in Scotland is already on this site.
A Scottish European rail club including two rail might produce more members but also I dare say lots of arguments so is not worth considering.
Might be an idea to have meetings in different towns : Edinburgh,Glasgow,Aberdeen etc if there are sufficient numbers available. East Kilbride is about central for east and west coast and one of the hotels may be interested.
Meanwhile Ian has done a great job in his area.

dave PS Flash Dave would of course be treasurer.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline river6109  
#13 Posted : 10 January 2012 03:29:08(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Ray,

Unless Marklin has changed its support for clubs, there is nothing they add to it except some stickers, which say Marklin.
I had more advertising materials from other companies supporting my train layout exhibitiions in the past. Strange as it sounds but this seems to be the case.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline Ian555  
#14 Posted : 10 January 2012 07:34:38(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Dan,

This all depends on the number and the location of forum members who would be interested in getting together say 3 or 4 times a year to discuss all things Märklin.

The meetings we've held at Baden-Württemberg, I would say have been a success and we all have a very enjoyable day.

At the moment we have 5 members who meet up, and this was just to see if we could maybe increase the numbers.

Its real early days, so any input most welcome.

Ian.

Offline AshleyH  
#15 Posted : 10 January 2012 09:06:07(UTC)
AshleyH

United Kingdom   
Count me in, though I am at the other end of the country (Bournemouth), though I would be happy to perhaps make one annual trek north! I am in touch with one other Märklin enthusiast here in Bournemouth. We also have a local gathering of LGB enthusiasts, around 5 in number and we meet up a few times a year and do a couple of exhibitions

When we get a little further down the line, I do have a contact at the Hobby Company, one of the Directors, he got personally involved when I had a severe quality issue with a new and expensive LGB loco early last year. We had a couple of lengthy chats during which I raised the Märklin situation in the UK. I reminded him of how, in the later years of Gaugemaster's reign as UK importer, the UK Insider Club had bi-annual training meetings in Arundel. Dieter Lawrence, who I believe is still at Märklin, used to come over and do Digital Training days for a heavily subsidised rate.

I suggested it might be possible to resurrect this, we normally had around a dozen attendees. Did anyone on this forum attend?
Of course, for the Hobby Comapny and or Märklin to be interested there would have to be some business in it for them. The Hobby Company offerred to match any European price I could obtain, not supplying me directly, but through a preferred dealer. As my personal financial circumstances took a turn for the worse around that time, I have not yet put this to the test!

Best Regards
Ashley
Offline GlennM  
#16 Posted : 10 January 2012 10:35:21(UTC)
GlennM

United Kingdom   
Hi Glenn,

Thanks. ThumpUp

Ian.

No problem, your welcome

BR

Glenn

PS: Did it work?
Offline Ian555  
#17 Posted : 10 January 2012 10:35:44(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Ashley,

Good to hear from you, opposite ends of the country I know, but, maybe once a year a meeting that could be kind of central for us all, I was thinking Manchester or Lincoln...Smile

There'a a few of us meeting up at the model rail show at the SECC in Glasgow at the end of February and we will discuss it then further, good excuse for a weekend in Scotland.Wink

Ian.

Offline Ian555  
#18 Posted : 10 January 2012 10:37:20(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Glenn,

I've not tried it yet.

Ian.

Offline old toot  
#19 Posted : 10 January 2012 11:32:43(UTC)
old toot

New Zealand   
Hi Ian and group
just to give you some inside info
there is marketing stuff available from marklin
like stickers. planning sheets, bags, pens and we seem
to be able to get these without too many problems
some we pay for some we get given, but this is part
of the overall promotion of the product from a dealers
point of view,and is part of cost of doing business
one of our past prime minsters used to say "any publicity is good Publicity"
and with Marklins lead in digital we have found this a very good way
to promote the education side of Marklin as a vehicle for kids to learn
about digital in a fun way, and all parents are looking for stuff to help
their kids get a job later in life
To raise the profile of marklin we have to get it into the kids hands
and they will drive it and once the kids of britian begin to see just how
good marklin systems are compared to alot of other stuff on the market it
will really begin to build but it takes time but it builds, you know at a show when
a 25 year old walks out with a big colourful Marklin bag with a 700.00starter set in it believe you me
Everyone sees it !! I had one of trader say to me
"you Bugger do you have to make it so visible"!
where ever you start Ian it will grow,make it happen, talk about, show pictures on your page, link up and suddenly guys will start to realise they are missing something
and above all make it fun, you know you could even do a linkup with Dion from here
over internet and him do one of his "Intro to digital talks that he does here "
to teach folks what digital is all about so they can make a informed decision about
buying a digital system. Get hold of Ian Rice from down devon way he came out here
and did a series of talks on layout design, and scenery building, and was really
outstanding on module building and he has a really dry wit Ian and could be a good draw card to getting others involved with you
Ill talk to dion we may be able to send you some stuff from here to encourage you guys to get going
regards
bryan old toot nz dealer

were we pickit, packit and postit
Offline Ian555  
#20 Posted : 10 January 2012 12:42:30(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Bryan,

Thanks again for your offer of help and encouragement to get this UK club started.

Our next get together with forum members is at the end of February and by then we can gauge what interest there will be in the idea.

I wonder if our Webmaster could tell us how many UK forum members there is.

Ian.

Offline kevwill  
#21 Posted : 10 January 2012 17:13:40(UTC)
kevwill

Ian

I would be very interested in joining in a UK Marklin club
I have'nt been around for a couple of months as i am trying to complete the renovation of my house here in France, with the intention of moving back to the Cambs,Suffolk,Norfolk area.I have virtually finished now and the house is now on the internet with selling agents, but like the housing market at home its very slow here as well.
If we can't sell i will rent it out, and i will be resident in England by June/July this year.
I will keep my eye on this post and see how it evolves. i also will be willing to travel to wherever you choose the annual or by bi-annual meetings to be.

Thanks

Kevin
My wife, children, and all my friends, think as i'm into Model trains, i'm very boring and should grow up. NEVER NEVER!!!
Offline Ian555  
#22 Posted : 10 January 2012 17:56:55(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Kevin,

Good to have your support, hopefully have more information by the end of February.

Ian.

Offline hennabm  
#23 Posted : 10 January 2012 19:01:57(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Hi Ashley,

Good to hear from you, opposite ends of the country I know, but, maybe once a year a meeting that could be kind of central for us all, I was thinking Manchester or Lincoln...Smile

There'a a few of us meeting up at the model rail show at the SECC in Glasgow at the end of February and we will discuss it then further, good excuse for a weekend in Scotland.Wink

Ian.

Hi all

I'm OK with thisThumpUp

Also if there are to be "club fees" (thinking abit further ahead) then there has to be a benefit to the members. I will suggest that it is not purely access to advertising stuff from M or similar but maybe some tangible benefit like a prize draw for a lump sum made up from some of the fees and drawn once a year - to be spent on M stuff old or newUnsure

Just an idea.Wink

I was also going to ask the "great one" if he could tell us how many UK based members this forum has.Cool

Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
Offline Ian555  
#24 Posted : 10 January 2012 19:09:47(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Mike,

Looks like we'll have plenty to discuss.

"The train has left the station and is gathering speed."

Ian.

Offline Webmaster  
#25 Posted : 10 January 2012 20:57:14(UTC)
Webmaster

If an UK Märklin Club needs a website, I would be happy to host its web site.

As described as option 2 here: https://www.marklin-user...in-2-different-ways.aspx

Unfortunately I cannot give the number of UK members, since country is not a mandatory field in the profile of this forum software.
Maybe we should set up a poll to check the interest, let it run for a month or so... I could add one in Ian's starter post...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline Ian555  
#26 Posted : 10 January 2012 21:40:59(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Juhan,

The idea for a Poll would be a great indication of the amount of interest in a UK club.

I would need your help in how that's done, to set up a Poll.

Thanks.

Ian.

Offline steventrain  
#27 Posted : 10 January 2012 21:58:18(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Interest in join Marklin Club UK?

Please vote for Ian555.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline steventrain  
#28 Posted : 10 January 2012 22:00:49(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hi Juhan,

The idea for a Poll would be a great indication of the amount of interest in a UK club.

I would need your help in how that's done, to set up a Poll.

Thanks.

Ian.

Hi Ian,

I have set up Poll for you.

https://www.marklin-user...-Club-UK.aspx#post317514
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline hennabm  
#29 Posted : 10 January 2012 22:03:55(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
2 now ThumpUp
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
Offline Ian555  
#30 Posted : 10 January 2012 22:13:46(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   

Voted. Smile

Ian.

Offline RayF  
#31 Posted : 10 January 2012 23:16:08(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I just voted, but I see only my own vote in the poll. Has no-one else voted?
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline Webmaster  
#32 Posted : 10 January 2012 23:16:20(UTC)
Webmaster

Tried to merge Stephens poll topic into this topic - Failed miserably... Blushing

Ian, Mike, Stephen - please vote again so we get back the original 3 "Yes" votes...

The actual result is 4 "Yes" including yours, Ray...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline David Dewar  
#33 Posted : 10 January 2012 23:29:47(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
22.26pm. Tuesday. We only have one vote. Where are the others. If this is another YAF invasion the troops are onstand y.

Why not set up a Yahoo Goup to start with and see how things go. (dead easy even I could do it) That way UK folk (including those overseas ) can discuss where they would like to go on the idea.

dave
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline hennabm  
#34 Posted : 10 January 2012 23:47:27(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
Tried to merge Stephens poll topic into this topic - Failed miserably... Blushing

Ian, Mike, Stephen - please vote again so we get back the original 3 "Yes" votes...

The actual result is 4 "Yes" including yours, Ray...

Done ThumpUp
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
Offline Webmaster  
#35 Posted : 11 January 2012 00:07:34(UTC)
Webmaster

Dave, isn't your suggestion a bit counterproductive in the big picture?

I myself would like to rather see a "Märklin Club UK" section within this forum, or rather - a general "Club Section" with subforums for each club...

Creating Yet Another Yahoo group would just isolate and disperse the general interest in a UK group to a few members... If we look at it from a global perspective, wouldn't it be better to have it under the "umbrella" of m-users as an independent entity in a place that many UK users already know (more than 1200 unique UK users have visited the last 30 days) as a good place? A totally different looking theme and domain name could be set up for such a forum to suit the purpose.

Of course, that is my own personal thought, but there may of course be reasons to build Yet Another small exclusive Yahoo group for UK only - but I can't see the real point of it... But then a Yahoo group would maybe also cater for it if you want to be "alone"...
Offline Ian555  
#36 Posted : 11 January 2012 07:37:08(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Juhan,

Thanks for your help with this. ThumpUp

Ian.
Offline Ian555  
#37 Posted : 11 January 2012 07:38:45(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Voted. ThumpUp....again. Smile

Ian.

Offline AshleyH  
#38 Posted : 11 January 2012 11:34:46(UTC)
AshleyH

United Kingdom   
Voted, though can't afford the air fare to Scotland !Wink

Best Regards
Ashley
Offline David Dewar  
#39 Posted : 11 January 2012 12:03:09(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi Juhan. I am not alone because I do not wish Users Net to run a UK club. Ambition to run the largest site is one thing but for the UK their are people who wish to meet on a regular basis and discuss Marklin in person. There are many in the Uk who have Marklin but are not members of Users and prefer to met and run trains.
It is perfectly possible for both to run and my idea of a Yahoo Group for a monthj or so allows UK folk to talk and decide what THEY want to do.
I see no advantage to have another thread in USERS just for a UK club which may well be subscription paying.

dave
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#40 Posted : 11 January 2012 12:06:03(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
You will have to let me in - Barbados part of the Commonwealth. Interesting fact about Barbados, while England's
Parliament is older Barbados remained Royalist during the Cromwell era, so our Parliament has actually "sat" for
more years consecutively than the English Parliament.

But I still wish to join anyway

Jeremy.
Jeremy.

1). If at first you don't succeed, bungee jumping mightn't be for you.
2). The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second rat that gets the cheese.
Offline David Dewar  
#41 Posted : 11 January 2012 12:54:35(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi Jeremy. Yep I am sure more than welcome. I know of many who are overseas and visit back to the UK from time to time who could meet with us if the timing was right. Promotion of Marklin in the UK is badly needed and personal contact with dealers etc could be very useful. We dont want to take over the world but a small group of enthusiasts might just get a dealer interested in holding club nights and even obtaining Marklin at better prices for UK club members who can call at the premises.
There are many such Clubs in different countries run in the country by its members and I dont see why not in the UK.

Great idea from Ian.

dave
Offline Ian555  
#42 Posted : 11 January 2012 13:30:23(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Jeremy,

Of course, you would be more than welcome.

Ian.

Offline Ian555  
#43 Posted : 11 January 2012 13:52:19(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Dave,

Good to have you on board, but I must point out the Club was not my idea, it was more a joint decision between Glenn, Mike and myself.

The reason it's being arranged thro' Marklin-User's, is that I don't actually know anyone with Märklin, who is not a forum member.

I'm sure they are out there, infact some might even be known as "Other's"......sorry B1's little joke. Smile

I see the Marklin Club UK banner, as more an excuse for like minded model rail folk to meet up and spend a day talking Märklin, and that could be here in Scotland, or a quick blast down the M6 to sunny England, just whatever.

Ian.

And, if we are good, and I mean really good, the odd holiday in Barbados. Wink Smile
Offline hennabm  
#44 Posted : 11 January 2012 15:24:04(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Hi Ian

Somebody mention Barbados.....

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go; 12 engines, 16 coaches, one toothbrush, oh and I had better not forget to take the FD......LOL

Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hennabm
Offline David Dewar  
#45 Posted : 11 January 2012 15:24:04(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi Ian. Fired off a PM. I think what you have going in Edinburgh is about all you will get from Users as it has been well documented here. There are several hundred Marklin players in the UK who have no interest in web sites but do like to meet and chat. These are the guys that would make up a UK club but it would take time (possibly this year to set it up) Otherwise I would just do what you are doing at present which looks like good fun.

dave
Offline dan67millie  
#46 Posted : 11 January 2012 19:11:43(UTC)
dan67millie

Hi Dan,

This all depends on the number and the location of forum members who would be interested in getting together say 3 or 4 times a year to discuss all things Märklin.

The meetings we've held at Baden-Württemberg, I would say have been a success and we all have a very enjoyable day.

At the moment we have 5 members who meet up, and this was just to see if we could maybe increase the numbers.

Its real early days, so any input most welcome.

Ian.

Hi Ian Were did you meet before, I use to travel some way with my Z layout. Im just about to start takeing my small HO layout out soon,so distance is no reel problem. cheers Dan
Offline dan67millie  
#47 Posted : 11 January 2012 19:18:45(UTC)
dan67millie

Hi Ashley,

Ian.
Hi Ian Manchester or Lincoln is good for me perhaps i could bring my layoutLOL Laugh

Offline Ian555  
#48 Posted : 11 January 2012 19:23:06(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Dan,

We've so far only met at Baden-Württemberg, with the other forum members still building their layouts.

Ian.

Offline Ian555  
#49 Posted : 11 January 2012 19:26:55(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Dan,

Glenn is in the Manchester area and Mike is over around Lincoln.

Ian.

Offline dan67millie  
#50 Posted : 11 January 2012 19:45:29(UTC)
dan67millie

Hi Dan,

We've so far only met at Baden-Württemberg, with the other forum members still building their layouts.

Ian.

Might be a little to far to take ones layoutLaugh As you have said somewere in the middles good.I cant see that haveing a UK supplier involved is any use though as some have sergested. I have found most to be not much good at selling or promoteing Marklin more slagging them of. It would be just nice to simpley have a chat and talk Marklin with perhaps some C track or a layout. One thing that is very much in my mind is that there is nothing in the exhibition circuit and it would be nice if this UK thing got of the ground and have a Marklin fan club stand at a large train show, say NEC then Marklin might just sit up and take notice of the UK!! Marklin AC is a good concept but sadly did not even make the slightist dent at the NEC this year and it should because lets face it Hornby has not got a patch on iT!BigGrin hers some picks of my now sold Z layout
dan67millie attached the following image(s):
Picture 028.jpg
Picture 040.jpg
Picture 012.jpg
Picture 012.jpg