Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Johnvr  
#1 Posted : 29 April 2011 19:28:04(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
CROCODILES BEWARE

(PS >> I have copied this thread from another location, which was about music)

I just bought my second Crocodile ! Sander sent it to me (thanks Sander), and it arrived this week. It's a fabulous 39562 Gotthard Anniversary model, and it has already made friends with my 1990s model 3556 Crocodile.

Crocs2

UserPostedImage

But the problem is that I only have a Delta Transformer for now, and the factory setting for the new Crocodile is Loc = 80 (or = 68?). When I place the Crocodile on the track, it goes around at a constant speed and is unresponsive to the speed controller. I suppose I need to change the Decoder settings. Can somebody please advise me what Dip Switch Settings I need to set the Crocodile to pick up Delta controller ?? The Delta controller only allows 4 trains to be controlled, so it has to be one of these, I suppose. Please advise.

My buddies Terry and Joe have new controllers, so I'll have to go to visit them to hear the Sound Whistle in the new Croc, because Delta doesn't have a function switch, I don't think.

Being an old Analog Marklin guy, this is still new for me .....

Further update ::

I did receive some responses regarding the dip settings, so I opened the croc body to set the switches, but I absolutely cannot find switches to set. I think the only means to set the address is by using a CS and programming the address in. In other words, there are no mechanical switches - only electronic switches. Is that correct ?

Regards,Cool Cool
John
John

Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 29 April 2011 19:52:11(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The most recent models have been equipped with either ESU or Maerklin mfx decoders. These decoders do not have dip switches and can be set remotely using the 6021, MS and CS digital controllers and the ESU Lokprogrammer (for the ESU decoders). If you do not have one of the above mentioned controllers, you may be able to take your lok to a dealer or modeller who has one of those controllers and use it to set your lok to one of the four addresses that work with your delta controller. The other possibility would be to look for a 6021, MS or CS and transition fully into the world of Maerklin digital. There may be other modellers in the forum who are in your region (SA?) who may be of assistance.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Renato  
#3 Posted : 02 May 2011 16:41:29(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
Hi,

Why not buying a brand new CU 6021 on eBay?

There are also used ones at an affordable price.

Only my suggestion: I am still using the CU 6021 and I am very happy with it.

Bye

Renato
Offline dntower85  
#4 Posted : 02 May 2011 22:49:23(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
I agree with Renato, even as dated as the CU 6021 is, it is a very dependable and even if you upgrade to a modern CS in the future it is well worth having as a backup or to use as a test unit on the workbench. I can't say what future controllers will have but the current CS and ECos can use the 6021 as an extra controller.
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.