Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline franciscohg  
#1 Posted : 17 November 2003 17:06:36(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi, a friend gave to me a roco dc loco, now i have all the mechanical ready (pickup shoe etc..) and now i have get a delta module and the transistors, but i have a doubt, when doing the H bridge using the gray and yellow for the lights, where do i have to connect for lamps?
UserPostedImage
Between the module and the 4,7 resistors, or between the resistors or between the 2,2 and the ground?
Another question, i'm using a 66031 instead of 6603, should i use the ground for lights or the orange DC suplly of the 66031
Thank you for your help.
Francisco
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline PeFu  
#2 Posted : 17 November 2003 21:09:36(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Hi Francisco, all,

As you have a locomotive with a DC motor, I would recommend to install a digital decoder instead, like the Märklin 60902 or alternatives e.g. from Uhlenbrock. This would provide superior performance compared to installing a delta unit.

Cool Peter
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline franciscohg  
#3 Posted : 17 November 2003 21:58:49(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Peter:
that's a good idea, but right know i have available a delta unit, also a Profilok PD-101 but i have the same problem, when i have finished to convert all my marklin locos, perhaps i will buy a digital for the roco one.
Thanks
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline Webmaster  
#4 Posted : 18 November 2003 02:03:24(UTC)
Webmaster

The schedule published is a direct rip-off from one of Rutger Fribergs books, and it is also published at http://www.marklin.com/t...ital1/images/6603-DC.jpg . It is some kind of "cheap" solution to make the Delta 6603 to work with DC-motors. I have not made this conversion myself, and I also wonder how lights are supposed to be connected.

I would rather see that you follow Peter's suggestion and get a proper Digital decoder like the ESU LokPilot or such instead for a Roco loco. I think it is better to wait until you get a "real decoder" than to spend time digitizing it just because you have a Delta at hand... This is of course my own personal opinion...wink
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline franciscohg  
#5 Posted : 18 November 2003 02:14:36(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Yes, you are right, but digital are expensive!!. On the other hand to spend time with one or another processor is not that terrible, only a little time soldering wires, since the really hard part (installing the pickup shoe and make room inside the loco) it's already done, i think i will make some experimentation with the lights wiring...biggrin when the other components of the circuit arrive, and i will let you know thw results. Bye
Offline Lars Westerlind  
#6 Posted : 18 November 2003 09:11:15(UTC)
Lars Westerlind

I can only support Peter and Juhan. The scheme above made some sense when it was produced, as at that time the Lokpilot didn't exist. Now that it does, at equal pricing and with far superior behaviour, it doesn't any more. You might use the delta with a Märklin-motor, or for car lights or whatever.

Kind regards,
Lars
Offline PeFu  
#7 Posted : 18 November 2003 19:05:32(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Hi again Francisco,

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by franciscohg
<br />I hope all of you can visit my layout in Western Patagonia

No we can't, it seems as if the link to your homepage is broken...

Cool Peter
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline franciscohg  
#8 Posted : 18 November 2003 21:54:19(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Peter:
Yes, this link is broken long ago and i have not fixed yet due to a problem wit the server.
But the signature was not about a virtual visit, it means that if any of you someday plan a trip to this far region feel absolutely free to contact me.
I will do my best to show all beauties of this zone and of course show you my layout.
I hope to restore my homepage soon so you can make the virtual visit soon, but at the moment i´m not to "creative" or willing to make much work on the layout.....since a month i'm working "25 hours" a day to pay a couple of acres that i bought to build a house.
Offline franciscohg  
#9 Posted : 18 November 2003 22:06:17(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Another thing to add is that i,m not running digital yet, i have a couple of digitals, some delta locos and have installed a couple of PD-101 in the older locos, but right now for the reason said above i think i will not get my intellibox in the next 6 months, so the decoder are working simply as electronic reverse units for now.
For my older locos i think i can buy some decoders soon (doing that in the future i will only need to buy the control unit), i think that the uhlenbrock 75200 may be a good choice but i have read that with LCFM motors (i have some old stuff) it did not work very well.
What do you think?
Offline perz  
#10 Posted : 19 November 2003 00:12:28(UTC)
perz

Sweden   
Hi Francisco,

The lamps should be between yellow output and black, and between gray output and black. If you have a decoder with an orange function return you could use that one instead. The black wire of the 6603 is the internal positive DC voltage, and the orange wire is also positive DC voltage, so they should be equivalent.
Offline franciscohg  
#11 Posted : 19 November 2003 01:49:45(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hi Perz, you mean something like that?

UserPostedImage

Edited by moderator 11 January 2011 16:46:10(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline perz  
#12 Posted : 20 November 2003 00:28:17(UTC)
perz

Sweden   
No:

UserPostedImage
Offline franciscohg  
#13 Posted : 20 November 2003 02:41:40(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
OK, the circuit is now complete, loco running fine.....biggrinbiggrin
Bye and thanks so much.